The Richland School District awards the General Contractor bid for the new Lewis and Clark Elementary School.
It's going to Fowler General Construction of Richland. It was the lowest of five bid, at $15.55 million dollars.
The new school will replace the existing Lewis and Clark which opened in 1971. It will be built on the playfield, just to the East of the existing school, and will open in August 2015.
After the new school opens, the old Lewis and Clark School will be demolished and replaced with a new playfield area.
- Senate Passes construction budget
- Trios Health to layoff employees due to debt
- Brothers face murder trial together in Pasco slaying
- Murder suspect was flirting with women at his slain wife's funeral, witness said
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest