The Richland School District awards the General Contractor bid for the new Lewis and Clark Elementary School.
It's going to Fowler General Construction of Richland. It was the lowest of five bid, at $15.55 million dollars.
The new school will replace the existing Lewis and Clark which opened in 1971. It will be built on the playfield, just to the East of the existing school, and will open in August 2015.
After the new school opens, the old Lewis and Clark School will be demolished and replaced with a new playfield area.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims