The Richland School District reaches an agreement with a Tacoma-based investment firm to purchase 52 acres of development land in the Badger Mountain South area of the city for $1.74 million.
The land could be used for a future middle school and elementary school.
The purchase should close by the end of the month.
Badger Mountain South is located near Dallas Road and Interstate 82 and is expected to have 5,000 homes and will feature shops, restaurants, schools, health care facilities and 400 acres of trails, parks and open space.
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer
- Suspect points sawed-off shotgun at Spokane Valley Deputy
- Yakima authorities searching for burglary, domestic violence, drug suspect
- Seahawks backup QB Trevone Boykin arrested on drug, intoxication counts