Laurie Kozlik of Richland is now $50,000 richer after playing Washington’s Lottery Gem 7’s Scratch. The day she won, she was playing multiple Gem 7’s Scratch tickets. The first one was a $15 winner. The second was much larger. She told Lottery officials, “I realized I won on the second Scratch card. It was the last number!”
After winning, Kozlik said the first person she told was her husband, who was on a fishing trip at the time. She delivered the news via text. “He couldn’t get home fast enough,” the winner said when she claimed her prize on July 15 at the Yakima Regional Office.
She purchased her ticket at the Albertson’s at 690 Gage Boulevard in Richland, where she normally buys her tickets. “I already called them to tell them,” she shared.
Kozlik is looking forward to using the money to remodel her kitchen. She’ll also be taking a trip to Nevada to see family. When asked about the most exciting part of the win, she said, “It’s so overwhelming. I just need to get it to the bank!”
Kozlik has won smaller prizes in the past, and this is her biggest win yet. This is the second big winner from Richland in just a few months. Audrey Harwick, also of Richland, won $50,000 playing Washington’s Lottery Scratch in June 2014.
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem