BOARDMAN - After a 10-year absence from competing in the OSAA/US Bank State Cheerleading Competition, the Riverside High School cheer squad came back with a bang and was named the 1A/2A/3A Division State Champion on Saturday in Portland.
The 16-member Riverside team, co-coached by Cheryl Costello and Lisa Pratt, competed against 12 other teams from around the state to bring home the Pirates' first ever state championship in cheerleading. Riverside hasn't sent a team to the state championships for around 10 years. Several team members are first-time cheerleaders.
- Bag with 2 embryos in jars found outside Greek cemetery
- New charges filed against so-called 'Spokane spanker'
- New law seeks to combat vulnerable adult exploitation, abuse
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Authorities find man's body inside a shed, say its likely a homicide
- Police arrest man accused of watching women while they sleep