Beginning tomorrow and continuing through Friday, E. 1st Avenue will be closed between Washington Street and SR-397.
Local traffic will be maintained for businesses and residents, but no traffic will be allowed to go through on E. 1st Avenue so please use the established detours.
This closure is to allow for a 36” sewer mainline to be installed across E. 1st Avenue as part of the Beech Street Sewer Project.
There will be significant impacts at the signalized intersections of 1st & Washington, Columbia Dr. & Washington, and Columbia Dr. & SR-397 due to the detoured traffic.
Please allow for and expect delays.
Trucks should use Columbia Drive or E. 10th Avenue for local delivery access.
- Richland roads closed for construction
- Merkel hints at same-sex marriage vote in Germany
- Officals warn 80 homeowners of evacuation as Chelan fire grows to 7 square miles
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign