Beginning tomorrow and continuing through Friday, E. 1st Avenue will be closed between Washington Street and SR-397.
Local traffic will be maintained for businesses and residents, but no traffic will be allowed to go through on E. 1st Avenue so please use the established detours.
This closure is to allow for a 36” sewer mainline to be installed across E. 1st Avenue as part of the Beech Street Sewer Project.
There will be significant impacts at the signalized intersections of 1st & Washington, Columbia Dr. & Washington, and Columbia Dr. & SR-397 due to the detoured traffic.
Please allow for and expect delays.
Trucks should use Columbia Drive or E. 10th Avenue for local delivery access.
- Gunshot victim walks into police station
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker