Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into the death of a road construction worker last night at a work site on Interstate 84 about seven miles west of Boardman in Morrow County.
Preliminary information indicates at approximately 11:12 p.m., OSP, Morrow County Sheriff's Office, Boardman Police Department, Boardman Fire Department, and Boardman Ambulance were dispatched to a reported highway construction work site accident in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 near milepost 158. Upon arrival, emergency responders found an adult male fatally injured.
The victim has been identified as 64-year-old Glen McCoy from Sparks, Nevada. He was a member of a construction company (Diversified Concrete Cutting out of Sparks, Nevada) contracted with ODOT to install rumble strips at a paving project site. He was working outside of a 1999 Dodge pickup operated by another employee when the pickup, which had a piece of equipment in tow, began to slowly move forward and he was run over by the rear dual tires.
One westbound lane was closed during the investigation. ODOT responded to the scene to assist with the investigation and traffic control.
Oregon OSHA was notified.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement