Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into the death of a road construction worker last night at a work site on Interstate 84 about seven miles west of Boardman in Morrow County.
Preliminary information indicates at approximately 11:12 p.m., OSP, Morrow County Sheriff's Office, Boardman Police Department, Boardman Fire Department, and Boardman Ambulance were dispatched to a reported highway construction work site accident in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 near milepost 158. Upon arrival, emergency responders found an adult male fatally injured.
The victim has been identified as 64-year-old Glen McCoy from Sparks, Nevada. He was a member of a construction company (Diversified Concrete Cutting out of Sparks, Nevada) contracted with ODOT to install rumble strips at a paving project site. He was working outside of a 1999 Dodge pickup operated by another employee when the pickup, which had a piece of equipment in tow, began to slowly move forward and he was run over by the rear dual tires.
One westbound lane was closed during the investigation. ODOT responded to the scene to assist with the investigation and traffic control.
Oregon OSHA was notified.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome