Work will begin tomorrow on the Stevens Drive Overlay project, between Wilson Street to Catskill Street in Richland. The project will begin with the excavation of the roadway in the southbound lanes. The project area will be closed to thru traffic until the end of July to allow residents on street parking, because access into the driveways may be limited.
The Stevens Drive roadwork has been phased over two separate years to facilitate the upgrade to the power substation. Last years’ project installed a new vault and conduit system on the northbound side. Over the last year Richland Energy Service crews have installed the new circuit system and demolished the old vaults on the southbound side, which were in the roadway.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds