You may have noticed a lot more traffic buildup along major roadways in Yakima.
The city recently began it's summer-long repavement project along roadways such as 16th Avenue, 40th Avenue, Nob Hill and Summitview.
Workers are currently grinding down roadways, repaving sidewalks, and replacing curbs -- the project stems from a vote last August to allocate money towards road maintenance.
The city says the project is currently in the first stage of the repair process.
There will be three total.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer