KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - A Roslyn man was killed during a snowmobile accident in Kittitas County on Monday.
Officials said Kevin M. Sand, 58, and his friend were climbing a hill on snowmobiles in the area between Van Epps Mine and Lake Anne around noon.
Sand lost control on the way back because of icy conditions and collided with a tree. He died as a result of the impact.
Due to the location and time of day, authorities could not recover his body until the next morning, according to Kittitas County officials.
No further details have been released.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater