KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - A Roslyn man was killed during a snowmobile accident in Kittitas County on Monday.
Officials said Kevin M. Sand, 58, and his friend were climbing a hill on snowmobiles in the area between Van Epps Mine and Lake Anne around noon.
Sand lost control on the way back because of icy conditions and collided with a tree. He died as a result of the impact.
Due to the location and time of day, authorities could not recover his body until the next morning, according to Kittitas County officials.
No further details have been released.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family