Safe Harbor and My Friends Place recieved a 90 thousand dollar check, allowing the area's only teen homeless shelter to keep its doors open.
Earlier this month Gesa Credit Union promised to match the community's donation to Safe Harbor, dollar for dollar up to $15,000.
With Gesa's matching gift, the center was given a check for $90,649.94.
My Friends Place was limiting hours due to lack of funding but will now be able to resume normal business operations.
- Bag with 2 embryos in jars found outside Greek cemetery
- New charges filed against so-called 'Spokane spanker'
- New law seeks to combat vulnerable adult exploitation, abuse
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Authorities find man's body inside a shed, say its likely a homicide
- Police arrest man accused of watching women while they sleep