Seattle police say two police officers have been shot responding to a downtown robbery.
According to our media partner, Q13 Fox, one male officer, 30, and one female officer, 42, were taken to Harborview Medical Center. According to police, the male officer was shot in the chin and chest and is stable but serious condition. The female officer is in stable condition after being shot in the chest.
The department reported the shooting on its Twitter feed at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, saying the robbery had been reported near the waterfront, several blocks south of Pike Place Market.
Police told Q13 one suspect has been killed and another was apprehended.
Watch a live feed from our media partner, Q13 Fox:
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities