Seattle police say two police officers have been shot responding to a downtown robbery.
According to our media partner, Q13 Fox, one male officer, 30, and one female officer, 42, were taken to Harborview Medical Center. According to police, the male officer was shot in the chin and chest and is stable but serious condition. The female officer is in stable condition after being shot in the chest.
The department reported the shooting on its Twitter feed at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, saying the robbery had been reported near the waterfront, several blocks south of Pike Place Market.
Police told Q13 one suspect has been killed and another was apprehended.
Watch a live feed from our media partner, Q13 Fox:
- Local law enforcement get ready for "Drug Take Back" day
- Students host suicide prevention workshop at Columbia Basin College
- Kennewick installs outdoor fitness center at local park
- Humane society still hoping to get guinea pigs adopted
- Tri-Cities Cancer Center awared for their "Be A Man" video
- Authorities seek to arrest suspected child molester