Southeast Communications (SECOMM), a division of Benton County Emergency Management, has selected Katie Ziegler as SECOMM’s 2013 Dispatcher of the Year.
Katie, an eight year employee, was selected for her continuous superior performance throughout the year. Regardless of the circumstances of each situation, Katie consistency displays patience and a willingness to take that extra step when dealing with the public and emergency responders.
The award criteria are based on performance, attitude, integrity, excellence, and teamwork. Katie is an exceptional public safety communications officer and a very deserving recipient of this recognition.
There will be a ceremony honoring Katie today (Thursday, April 17) at Benton County Emergency Management, at 4pm. It is open to the public.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified