Southeast Communications (SECOMM), a division of Benton County Emergency Management, has selected Katie Ziegler as SECOMM’s 2013 Dispatcher of the Year.
Katie, an eight year employee, was selected for her continuous superior performance throughout the year. Regardless of the circumstances of each situation, Katie consistency displays patience and a willingness to take that extra step when dealing with the public and emergency responders.
The award criteria are based on performance, attitude, integrity, excellence, and teamwork. Katie is an exceptional public safety communications officer and a very deserving recipient of this recognition.
There will be a ceremony honoring Katie today (Thursday, April 17) at Benton County Emergency Management, at 4pm. It is open to the public.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires