A Yakima businessman announces his bid this for the soon to be open 14th District Legislative seat in the state house.
Ben Shoval made his announcement before supporters.
Shoval is running for the seat, held by Charles Ross, who is leaving the legislature to run for Yakima County Auditor.
Shoval has served on the Yakima City Planning Commission and was one of those who helped lead the drive to pass a proposition that would require a two-thirds majority of the city council to raise taxes
"Taxes determine how much money people have to put food on the table," said Shoval, "I want to ensure that the voters hold on to as many of their dollars as possible."
Shoval will be runing against Adam Yoest, another Yakima local who is a Sergeant First Class in the state National Guard.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires