A second candidate is now in the running for Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney.
Current gang prosecutor Troy Clements made the announcement this morning before friends and family.
Clements has supervised the gang unit and gang cases in Yakima County for the past five years, and says he wants to continue that campaign as the lead prosecutor.
Clements says his experience in the gang court makes him best suited for the role.
"I will try the tough cases," said Clements, "When we have one of the cases that comes once in a decade, and I think you know what I'm talking about, once in about a decade we have a real tragic case, I will try that case as the prosecutor."
Clements is the second person to announce candidacy following private attorney, Joe Brusic, who made his announcement last month.
Current prosecuting attorney Jim Hagarty says he will not be seeking re-election this fall.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29