A second candidate is now in the running for Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney.
Current gang prosecutor Troy Clements made the announcement this morning before friends and family.
Clements has supervised the gang unit and gang cases in Yakima County for the past five years, and says he wants to continue that campaign as the lead prosecutor.
Clements says his experience in the gang court makes him best suited for the role.
"I will try the tough cases," said Clements, "When we have one of the cases that comes once in a decade, and I think you know what I'm talking about, once in about a decade we have a real tragic case, I will try that case as the prosecutor."
Clements is the second person to announce candidacy following private attorney, Joe Brusic, who made his announcement last month.
Current prosecuting attorney Jim Hagarty says he will not be seeking re-election this fall.
- Trios Health offers fraud protection over patient data breach
- Northwest Food n Brew with Mike Gonzalez debuts Saturday on KAPP/KVEW
- Washington seeks to overturn tribe's fuel tax exemption
- Failure to yield causes rollover accident
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire