PASCO, WA – Second Harvest will distribute free fresh produce and other perishable groceries to hungry families and seniors at a Mobile Food Bank distribution tomorrow. The distribution is open to anyone in need and will run from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at Pasco First Lutheran Church, 530 W. Bonneville Street in Pasco.
The mobile food bank distribution will include approximately 8,500 pounds of fresh produce and other perishable foods, enough to feed 250 families. The event is open to all families in need of food assistance. No documentation is necessary to participate, and food can be picked up for those who are unable to attend if a note is provided. Those planning to attend are asked to bring a box for their food.
Hunger is an ongoing struggle for 1 in 7 Columbian Basin residents – including 1 in 4 children – who stand at risk of preventable physical and mental health conditions that are linked to malnutrition. Lingering job shortages coupled with rising food prices and food stamp cuts are resulting in longer food bank lines and an unprecedented need for food assistance.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima