A group of Selah High School students will experience a once in a lifetime opportunity.
19 students will be travelling next week to attend the presidential inauguration.
This is all part of WorldStrides.
A program that organizes educational trips that helps students learn beyond a classroom.
This is the first time Selah students will be attending an inauguration.
Students fundraised $13,000 to make this a reality.
"Looking forward to seeing trump, we're excited, nervous but excited. Knowing that we get to see someone be like our President and knowing that we were there that we know what it feels like to be part of that," said the students.
Students said that despite their political standpoint they can’t wait to experience something historical.
Aside from the presidential inauguration the students will also visit historical museums in Washington D.C.
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land