A semi truck that caught fire caused some major traffic backups last night on Eastbound Interstate 82 West of Zillah.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the driver from Portland pulled to the shoulder as its components were overheating. A fire ensued and extended into the roadway, causing the freeway to be closed for an extended period of time.
No injuries were reported and the driver will not face any charges.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape