A semi truck that caught fire caused some major traffic backups last night on Eastbound Interstate 82 West of Zillah.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the driver from Portland pulled to the shoulder as its components were overheating. A fire ensued and extended into the roadway, causing the freeway to be closed for an extended period of time.
No injuries were reported and the driver will not face any charges.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres