A semi truck that caught fire caused some major traffic backups last night on Eastbound Interstate 82 West of Zillah.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the driver from Portland pulled to the shoulder as its components were overheating. A fire ensued and extended into the roadway, causing the freeway to be closed for an extended period of time.
No injuries were reported and the driver will not face any charges.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome