Senator Maria Cantwell talked to local small business owners at the TRAC in Pasco today.
During the Tri-Cities small business symposium Cantwell talked about supporting key programs that help Tri-Cities small businesses.
Cantwell said the Tri-Cities is a hub for innovation.
She talked about the opportunities for small businesses to team up with large companies like PNNL and Energy Northwest.
Small business owner Jerry Lee said during this same event last year he made a connection that had a huge impact on his business.
"We actually had an informal interview during our networking with the contract people at Washington River Protection Solutions and it was that conversation and that networking that really got us that extra level of suddenly Tarragraphics is known and it was really neat to be able to make that connection," said Lee.
This is the second stop on Cantwells listening tour on small business job creation.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River