A project to extend an industrial waste sewer line in Yakima will result in the closure of a section of
6th Street today and tomorrow and a portion of Nob Hill Boulevard from Wednesday through
Today and tomorrow, 6th Street between Nob Hill and Ranch Rite Road will be closed from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm each day while the sewer line is installed and the roadway is repaired.
Beginning Wednesday, March 26th through Wednesday, April 16th, nighttime closures of Nob Hill
between 6th Street and 1st Street will occur. That section of Nob Hill will be closed from 7:00 pm
to 6:00 am each night while the sewer pipeline is installed and the roadway is repaired. Nob Hill
will be open to traffic during daytime hours.
During the project, traffic delays in the area are likely to occur. Drivers should use alternate
routes if possible until the project is completed.
Access to homes and businesses in the project area will be impacted, but will be maintained
when possible. Emergency vehicles will be allowed through the project area if necessary.
As always, the schedule for this type of project is subject to change daily dependent on weather,
equipment failure, and emergencies.
P.O.W. Contracting, Inc., a Pasco-based firm, is serving as the primary contractor on the
industrial waste sewer extension project.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome