It's official! Jimmy Shane will drive the #6 Oh Boy! Oberto unlimited hydroplane in 2014.
The Miss Madison Team made the announcement this morning. Shane states, “Being named the new "Miss Madison" driver is quite an honor and having the backing of such a great sponsor as "Oberto" makes the opportunity that much better.
He adds, “My goals as the new Miss Madison driver include defending my Drivers title from 2013 and to bring the National Championship back to the city of Madison for the 2014 season. I know that Steve David left very big shoes to fill in all aspects of hydroplane racing and I will continue to do my best and leave my own mark in this wonderful sport. I would like to thank all the owners, sponsors and crew members for this great opportunity!! Looking forward to a great future with a great team!”
Shane is employed as an Integration Engineer at Blue Origin, LLC in Kent Washington. Jimmy and wife Bianca both come from boatracing families and reside in Renton, Washington with their son Colton.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater