It's official! Jimmy Shane will drive the #6 Oh Boy! Oberto unlimited hydroplane in 2014.
The Miss Madison Team made the announcement this morning. Shane states, “Being named the new "Miss Madison" driver is quite an honor and having the backing of such a great sponsor as "Oberto" makes the opportunity that much better.
He adds, “My goals as the new Miss Madison driver include defending my Drivers title from 2013 and to bring the National Championship back to the city of Madison for the 2014 season. I know that Steve David left very big shoes to fill in all aspects of hydroplane racing and I will continue to do my best and leave my own mark in this wonderful sport. I would like to thank all the owners, sponsors and crew members for this great opportunity!! Looking forward to a great future with a great team!”
Shane is employed as an Integration Engineer at Blue Origin, LLC in Kent Washington. Jimmy and wife Bianca both come from boatracing families and reside in Renton, Washington with their son Colton.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres