It's official! Jimmy Shane will drive the #6 Oh Boy! Oberto unlimited hydroplane in 2014.
The Miss Madison Team made the announcement this morning. Shane states, “Being named the new "Miss Madison" driver is quite an honor and having the backing of such a great sponsor as "Oberto" makes the opportunity that much better.
He adds, “My goals as the new Miss Madison driver include defending my Drivers title from 2013 and to bring the National Championship back to the city of Madison for the 2014 season. I know that Steve David left very big shoes to fill in all aspects of hydroplane racing and I will continue to do my best and leave my own mark in this wonderful sport. I would like to thank all the owners, sponsors and crew members for this great opportunity!! Looking forward to a great future with a great team!”
Shane is employed as an Integration Engineer at Blue Origin, LLC in Kent Washington. Jimmy and wife Bianca both come from boatracing families and reside in Renton, Washington with their son Colton.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget