It's official! Jimmy Shane will drive the #6 Oh Boy! Oberto unlimited hydroplane in 2014.
The Miss Madison Team made the announcement this morning. Shane states, “Being named the new "Miss Madison" driver is quite an honor and having the backing of such a great sponsor as "Oberto" makes the opportunity that much better.
He adds, “My goals as the new Miss Madison driver include defending my Drivers title from 2013 and to bring the National Championship back to the city of Madison for the 2014 season. I know that Steve David left very big shoes to fill in all aspects of hydroplane racing and I will continue to do my best and leave my own mark in this wonderful sport. I would like to thank all the owners, sponsors and crew members for this great opportunity!! Looking forward to a great future with a great team!”
Shane is employed as an Integration Engineer at Blue Origin, LLC in Kent Washington. Jimmy and wife Bianca both come from boatracing families and reside in Renton, Washington with their son Colton.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds