The Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office (WWSO) has identified the body of a woman discovered Friday morning as 20-year-old Yesica Olivos.
Her body was discovered near the intersection of Mojonnier and Beet Roads by a pedestrian who reported it to to the Walla Walla Police Department. Due to the reported location, WWSO was contacted and a patrol deputy responded to the area and confirmed the death.
An autopsy was conducted Saturday for which Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood classified the death as a homicide by gunshot wound. The specific manner and details of the death are being withheld due to the ongoing homicide investigation.
No arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified at this time.
The WWSO is asking for the public's help in this case. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Gary Bolster at 509-524-5400.
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest