The Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office (WWSO) has identified the body of a woman discovered Friday morning as 20-year-old Yesica Olivos.
Her body was discovered near the intersection of Mojonnier and Beet Roads by a pedestrian who reported it to to the Walla Walla Police Department. Due to the reported location, WWSO was contacted and a patrol deputy responded to the area and confirmed the death.
An autopsy was conducted Saturday for which Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood classified the death as a homicide by gunshot wound. The specific manner and details of the death are being withheld due to the ongoing homicide investigation.
No arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified at this time.
The WWSO is asking for the public's help in this case. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Gary Bolster at 509-524-5400.
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival this weekend
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education