The Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of a body near the intersection of Mojonnier and Beet Roads. The body appears to be that of a Hispanic female, approximately 20 to 30 years of age.
All traffic is being diverted while authorities investigate, which is expected to take several hours.
Authorities wee first made aware of the body when a Hispanic male went to the Walla Walla Police Department to report the finding. The sheriff's office was then contacted and a patrol deputy responded to the area and confirmed the death.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location