The Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of a body near the intersection of Mojonnier and Beet Roads. The body appears to be that of a Hispanic female, approximately 20 to 30 years of age.
All traffic is being diverted while authorities investigate, which is expected to take several hours.
Authorities wee first made aware of the body when a Hispanic male went to the Walla Walla Police Department to report the finding. The sheriff's office was then contacted and a patrol deputy responded to the area and confirmed the death.
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon