The U.S. Postal Service plans to end all mail sorting in Pendleton next year.
The shifting of services at the Pendleton Post Office will result in two of the 38 employees being cut.
Pendleton is one of 80 sites nationwide the postal service lists for a second phase of consolidations.
An exact day on shifting of services has not been announced.
Despite the shifting of services, the Pendleton Post Office will continue at its location and offer retail services and post office mail boxes.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse