The U.S. Postal Service plans to end all mail sorting in Pendleton next year.
The shifting of services at the Pendleton Post Office will result in two of the 38 employees being cut.
Pendleton is one of 80 sites nationwide the postal service lists for a second phase of consolidations.
An exact day on shifting of services has not been announced.
Despite the shifting of services, the Pendleton Post Office will continue at its location and offer retail services and post office mail boxes.
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs