The U.S. Postal Service plans to end all mail sorting in Pendleton next year.
The shifting of services at the Pendleton Post Office will result in two of the 38 employees being cut.
Pendleton is one of 80 sites nationwide the postal service lists for a second phase of consolidations.
An exact day on shifting of services has not been announced.
Despite the shifting of services, the Pendleton Post Office will continue at its location and offer retail services and post office mail boxes.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget