Seniors in the Yakima area are receiving a generous gift for Valentine's day tomorrow.
The Volunteer Chore Service is putting together 70 boxes full of food, toiletries and other goods today.
Those boxes will be handed out to low income seniors in the area, who are in need of supplies.
The boxes were decorated by LaSalle students, and supplies were donated by local businesses.
"Spring's getting around the corner, a lot of folks, elderly and disabled start out with not a lot of income in the first place and don't have the supplies to carry them through," said volunteer Terry Stewart.
The boxes will be delivered to people throughout the area by LaSalle sophomores tomorrow morning.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance