Seniors in the Yakima area are receiving a generous gift for Valentine's day tomorrow.
The Volunteer Chore Service is putting together 70 boxes full of food, toiletries and other goods today.
Those boxes will be handed out to low income seniors in the area, who are in need of supplies.
The boxes were decorated by LaSalle students, and supplies were donated by local businesses.
"Spring's getting around the corner, a lot of folks, elderly and disabled start out with not a lot of income in the first place and don't have the supplies to carry them through," said volunteer Terry Stewart.
The boxes will be delivered to people throughout the area by LaSalle sophomores tomorrow morning.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29