Strong winds caused a small plane to flip last night at the Yakima Airport.
Officials say the 2008 "Just Highlander" aircraft was landing on runway 27 when a cross wind lifted the plane and flipped it into the infield. Rescue crews quickly responded and found both the pilot and a student exiting the plane with minor injuries.
There was no fire, and no fuel leaked from the plane.
The owner estimates the plane was totally destroyed in the crash.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities