Strong winds caused a small plane to flip last night at the Yakima Airport.
Officials say the 2008 "Just Highlander" aircraft was landing on runway 27 when a cross wind lifted the plane and flipped it into the infield. Rescue crews quickly responded and found both the pilot and a student exiting the plane with minor injuries.
There was no fire, and no fuel leaked from the plane.
The owner estimates the plane was totally destroyed in the crash.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget