Also on the agenda for tonights meeting is a decision on whether or not to ban parking on major streets in and around downtown Yakima when snow is expected to accumulate over three inches.
A snow alert will go out when there is an impending heavy snowfall, and residents would have until 9 A.M. To move their vehicles from the restricted areas after a snowfall, if the ordinance passes.
These changes are being proposed to quicken the time it takes to completely plow major roads.
Parking on one of the snow routes could lead to a citation as well as having your car towed
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced