Also on the agenda for tonights meeting is a decision on whether or not to ban parking on major streets in and around downtown Yakima when snow is expected to accumulate over three inches.
A snow alert will go out when there is an impending heavy snowfall, and residents would have until 9 A.M. To move their vehicles from the restricted areas after a snowfall, if the ordinance passes.
These changes are being proposed to quicken the time it takes to completely plow major roads.
Parking on one of the snow routes could lead to a citation as well as having your car towed
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds