A snowstorm as big as the one in the east can have a rapid domino effect on flights all over the country.
Many passengers at the Tri-Cities airport have to make a connection in Salt Lake City before getting to their final destination.
Even though Salt Lake is not being hit by this winter storm many of the planes or crew members that are supposed to be coming into the airport are stranded elsewhere by the snow, and therefore today's flights from Pasco to Salt Lake were all delayed.
If you're traveling this weekend, anything that is direct on the west coast right now is your best bet for having no delays or cancelations.
Heading east right now means problems.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown