A snowstorm as big as the one in the east can have a rapid domino effect on flights all over the country.
Many passengers at the Tri-Cities airport have to make a connection in Salt Lake City before getting to their final destination.
Even though Salt Lake is not being hit by this winter storm many of the planes or crew members that are supposed to be coming into the airport are stranded elsewhere by the snow, and therefore today's flights from Pasco to Salt Lake were all delayed.
If you're traveling this weekend, anything that is direct on the west coast right now is your best bet for having no delays or cancelations.
Heading east right now means problems.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop