The Richland Fire Department said pillows or blankets getting too close to a space heater is what caused a house fire that forced a man out of his home yesterday morning.
The fire broke out around 7:00 a.m. On the 900 block of Smith Ave.
The man renting out the home said be he had just left his home and was down the street when someone told him flames were coming from his home.
Within minutes, the house was engulfed in flames and he lost his two dogs and bird.
The man will be staying with family and friends for now and the Red Cross said they will help him get back on his feet.
- Gunshot victim walks into police station
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker