A large spaghetti feed is underway at the Southeast Community Center in Yakima.
It's put on by People For People, the group is hoping to raise funds for it's Meals On Wheels program.
The program was recently cut $26,000 in federal funds, and now the group wants to make up for that loss with charity events like these.
"That is approximately 8,000 meals we won't be able to serve this year, and we serve about 8,000 meals a month," said Deborah Sugden.
People For People says they will host more charity events throughout the year.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds