A large spaghetti feed is underway at the Southeast Community Center in Yakima.
It's put on by People For People, the group is hoping to raise funds for it's Meals On Wheels program.
The program was recently cut $26,000 in federal funds, and now the group wants to make up for that loss with charity events like these.
"That is approximately 8,000 meals we won't be able to serve this year, and we serve about 8,000 meals a month," said Deborah Sugden.
People For People says they will host more charity events throughout the year.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location