WEST RICHLAND, Wash.-- Benton County Fire District #4 responded to a brush fire on the intersection of King Drive and Maple Lane Sunday morning.
Residents said they heard a loud popping sound before the brush near a power pole caught fire.
Officials said the fire was due to a a squirrel causing a short. The Benton Rural Electric Association will be repairing the damages to the electrical system today.
Officials said the fire burned about 300 feet of brush and grass, though there was no damage to any structures.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs
- Petition calls for Yakima Speedway to stay after announcement that it will be sold