Continuing debate over Ronald Love, who has been held at the special commitment center for the past 13 years following the conclusion of a prison sentence.
Love is accused of attempted rape in Pasco in 1991 and was convicted of raping two women in California before that.
Today the state argued in court that based on a mental health analysis, Love is still at risk to commit criminal sexual acts.
The witness who evaluated Love's mental state said in her opinion Love will offend again if released.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima