Continuing debate over Ronald Love, who has been held at the special commitment center for the past 13 years following the conclusion of a prison sentence.
Love is accused of attempted rape in Pasco in 1991 and was convicted of raping two women in California before that.
Today the state argued in court that based on a mental health analysis, Love is still at risk to commit criminal sexual acts.
The witness who evaluated Love's mental state said in her opinion Love will offend again if released.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes