On April 17, the Anti-Crime Team of the Ellensburg Police Department arrested 18 year old Trevor Huss and booked him into the Kittitas County Corrections Center on charges of Felony Harassment and Threats to bomb. This investigation started on April 15th when concerned students informed Ellensburg High School staff, and the Ellensburg Police Department’s School Resource Officer, that an EHS student had been making statements about carrying out an assault at EHS involving guns and explosives. The investigation revealed that Huss had been making plans to carry out the assault and at this time there is no evidence suggesting anyone else was involved in the planning. Huss is being held on $50,000 bail.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome