West Richland Police are investigating the death of a 13-year-old boy.
Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of North 60th around 7 p.m. for an incident involving a firearm.
When officers arrived, they found the boy had sustained a fatal injury as the result of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Family members and fire personnel were unsuccessful in their attempted life saving efforts.
An investigation is ongoing, however, foul play is unsuspected at this time.
Local school administrators in West Richland are assisting students and faculty.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call