West Richland Police are investigating the death of a 13-year-old boy.
Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of North 60th around 7 p.m. for an incident involving a firearm.
When officers arrived, they found the boy had sustained a fatal injury as the result of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Family members and fire personnel were unsuccessful in their attempted life saving efforts.
An investigation is ongoing, however, foul play is unsuspected at this time.
Local school administrators in West Richland are assisting students and faculty.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced