Students at Riverside Christian School in Yakima are helping pack thousands of pounds of food for the needy.
The school's Helping Hands fundraiser helped students pack 10,000 meals today, students from K-12 got their hands in the mix.
One student says it's a great opportunity for her peers to give back and appreciate the community they live in.
"We have other things around the valley to help give back to other families, but I think us as a school doing it, it's a really good thing for us as a school and as individual people to have that opportunity and that experience for us," said Angela Willis, a senior.
After the food is packed, it will be distributed by northwest harvest food banks.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities