Four lucky Walla Walla kids are riding to school in style this week.
The students are riding aboard a retired fire truck as part of a Facebook contest put on by Walla Walla professional firefighters.
Today was 7-year-old Zaevyn Collier's turn.
He was picked up from his home around 7 this morning, given a quick tour through downtown before being dropped off this morning at Sharpstein Elementary.
Three other students from Green Park, Edison and Berney Elementary are also receiving a special ride to school this week.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters