Sun Downs is officially here!
The first race started at 1 p.m. today with hundreds of people placing their bets and enjoying the weather as the horses race the track at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Races will run on Saturday and Sunday for the next three weekends, and the whole family is invited to come and enjoy the fun.
One man who raced horses here more than 40 years ago said it's a great time and he loves watching the horses.
"I ran here a long time ago and it's fun," said Mike McDonald. "It's a beautiful day to be out here."
Admission is $5 and bets start as low as $2 for each of the races.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco