Sun Downs is officially here!
The first race started at 1 p.m. today with hundreds of people placing their bets and enjoying the weather as the horses race the track at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Races will run on Saturday and Sunday for the next three weekends, and the whole family is invited to come and enjoy the fun.
One man who raced horses here more than 40 years ago said it's a great time and he loves watching the horses.
"I ran here a long time ago and it's fun," said Mike McDonald. "It's a beautiful day to be out here."
Admission is $5 and bets start as low as $2 for each of the races.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance