The City of Sunnyside could have a new police chief by the end of the week.
City Manager Don Day says he will conducting final interviews with 5 candidates today, and hopefully select the new police chief from that pool.
Sunnyside has been without a permanent chief since ed radder retired about two years ago.
Day says he wants the person who takes the job to be able to handle the many aspects of being a police chief effectively.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds