The City of Sunnyside could have a new police chief by the end of the week.
City Manager Don Day says he will conducting final interviews with 5 candidates today, and hopefully select the new police chief from that pool.
Sunnyside has been without a permanent chief since ed radder retired about two years ago.
Day says he wants the person who takes the job to be able to handle the many aspects of being a police chief effectively.
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July