From Sunnyside PD:
On 02/02/2014 at approximately 1830 hours Sunnyside officers were dispatched to a report of a suspicious person, painting a yellow vehicle black with spray cans in the parking lot of Walmart located at 2675 E. Lincoln Ave within the City of Sunnyside, Washington. Officers arrived and located the vehicle occupied by a lone driver. There was an odor of fresh paint coming from the vehicle and several cans on the passenger seat at the time of contact. Drivers name was obtained, Serna, Michael T 05/13/68 and a return indicated multiple warrants for his arrest. When advised to shut off the engine, driver fled leading officers on a pursuit lasting approximately 10 minutes and 8.30 miles. Vehicle was spiked on I-82 at exit 63 and pursuit terminated on I-82 near the intersection of Gap Rd and Luther Rd. Suspect fled on foot. K9 track was conducted but suspect was not located. DOL photo and Booking photos matched subject contacted, confirming the driver was Serna.
Sunnyside Police were assisted in the pursuit and search for the suspect by the Washington State Patrol and Yakima County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Micheal T Serna are asked to contact the Sunnyside Police Department at 509-836-6200.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect