Sunnyside's newest police chief won't have to make too much of a move in the coming weeks.
West Richland Captain Albert Escalara was selected yesterday as the newest police chief.
Escalara has served for the Washington State Patrol for over 25 years before moving to West Richland -- he will be filling the Sunnyside position after Ed Radder retired two years ago.
As police chief, Escalara says he wants to focus on bringing the community together.
"What truly lacks is that connectivity," said Escalara, "That's what I see there; a true lack of connectivity between the residents and law enforcement, and I'd like to bring that out in the open."
Escalara will begin his first day on the job next month.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget