Sunnyside's newest police chief won't have to make too much of a move in the coming weeks.
West Richland Captain Albert Escalara was selected yesterday as the newest police chief.
Escalara has served for the Washington State Patrol for over 25 years before moving to West Richland -- he will be filling the Sunnyside position after Ed Radder retired two years ago.
As police chief, Escalara says he wants to focus on bringing the community together.
"What truly lacks is that connectivity," said Escalara, "That's what I see there; a true lack of connectivity between the residents and law enforcement, and I'd like to bring that out in the open."
Escalara will begin his first day on the job next month.
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs