Batman, Superman, and other heroes used their superpowers for good again today, with a fundraiser car wash for a Walla Walla boy fighting for his life.
5 year old Gabe Scheel has been in a Spokane Hospital since May 13th, recovering from a devastating seizure he suffered at home. The car wash is donating the proceeds to pay for his hospital bills.
At Gold's Gym today from 7am to 2pm, people could get their car washed by volunteers in superhero uniforms for a small donation.
The Tri Cities Fever, who sponsored the event, had players on hand in heroic guises as well. The Fever's mascot Clutch was pitching in as well. They sold "Capes for Gabe" so everyone showing up could dress as a superhero.
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial
- Washington unemployment rate drops to 4.9 percent
- Money-saving tips for 20-somethings
- Are you suffering from job burnout?