Batman, Superman, and other heroes used their superpowers for good again today, with a fundraiser car wash for a Walla Walla boy fighting for his life.
5 year old Gabe Scheel has been in a Spokane Hospital since May 13th, recovering from a devastating seizure he suffered at home. The car wash is donating the proceeds to pay for his hospital bills.
At Gold's Gym today from 7am to 2pm, people could get their car washed by volunteers in superhero uniforms for a small donation.
The Tri Cities Fever, who sponsored the event, had players on hand in heroic guises as well. The Fever's mascot Clutch was pitching in as well. They sold "Capes for Gabe" so everyone showing up could dress as a superhero.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities