One of three men suspected in a deadly home invasion robbery last year in Umapine has entered a plea deal.
Jacob White entered guilty pleas to robbery in the first degree and burglary in the first degree, according to a press release from Umatilla County District Attorney Daniel Primus.
White’s sentencing has been set out until after the conclusion of both co-defendant Caleb Scott and Matthew Hermann’s cases.
Investigators say the three men broke into 80-year-old Joyce Key’s home in January 2013, assaulting Key and robbing her. Key’s later died from injuries she sustained in the assault last August.
Hermann faces two counts of attempted aggravated murder, as well as theft, robbery and kidnapping charges. His trial is set to begin July 7th.
Scott also faces robbery, kidnapping and burglary charges. His trial is set to begin in December.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims