From the Yakima Sheriff's Office-
On 07-24-2014 at about 0110 hours a Yakima County Sheriff’s Deputy attempted to make a traffic stop on a 1997 Honda Accord for a traffic violation that took place at 18th Street and East Viola in Yakima. The vehicle fled from the deputy at a high rate of speed and a vehicle pursuit was initiated. The suspect vehicle crashed into a chain link fence a short distance later and the driver was arrested as he attempted to run from the vehicle. The vehicle was determined to have been stolen although not yet reported as the vehicle owner hadn’t yet noticed his vehicle missing.
The driver is a 20 year old male from Yakima with an extensive criminal history. The suspect has been booked into the Yakima County jail for attempting to elude a police vehicle and possessing a stolen motor vehicle.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome