From the Yakima Sheriff's Office-
On 07-24-2014 at about 0110 hours a Yakima County Sheriff’s Deputy attempted to make a traffic stop on a 1997 Honda Accord for a traffic violation that took place at 18th Street and East Viola in Yakima. The vehicle fled from the deputy at a high rate of speed and a vehicle pursuit was initiated. The suspect vehicle crashed into a chain link fence a short distance later and the driver was arrested as he attempted to run from the vehicle. The vehicle was determined to have been stolen although not yet reported as the vehicle owner hadn’t yet noticed his vehicle missing.
The driver is a 20 year old male from Yakima with an extensive criminal history. The suspect has been booked into the Yakima County jail for attempting to elude a police vehicle and possessing a stolen motor vehicle.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool