Yakima Police officers responded to the area of South 10th Street and East Chestnut Avenue just after 5 p.m. Friday to assist Department of Corrections (DOC) officers with serving an arrest warrant on 45-year-old Jack Gallagher who was reportedly in a white vehicle at that location.
A white Ford Explorer was observed in a driveway at that location as officers approached, both on foot and in a patrol car. Upon hearing the officers commands, the Explorer was started, and driven through the yard back out onto 10th Street, directly at one of the officers that was on foot.
Two officers fired upon the vehicle, however it continued north onto 10th Street, and then west onto East Chestnut Avenue. A DOC officer fired upon the vehicle at this location, however the vehicle continued west. The Explorer fled to the 600 block of East Yakima where the driver abandoned it and fled on foot. A K-9 track was attempted from this location without success.
Nothing was found inside the Explorer to indicate anyone had been injured. Officers are continuing their efforts to locate the driver of the Explorer. Anyone with information concerning the Explorer’s occupant is encouraged to contact the Yakima Police at 575-6200.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities