Yakima Police officers responded to the area of South 10th Street and East Chestnut Avenue just after 5 p.m. Friday to assist Department of Corrections (DOC) officers with serving an arrest warrant on 45-year-old Jack Gallagher who was reportedly in a white vehicle at that location.
A white Ford Explorer was observed in a driveway at that location as officers approached, both on foot and in a patrol car. Upon hearing the officers commands, the Explorer was started, and driven through the yard back out onto 10th Street, directly at one of the officers that was on foot.
Two officers fired upon the vehicle, however it continued north onto 10th Street, and then west onto East Chestnut Avenue. A DOC officer fired upon the vehicle at this location, however the vehicle continued west. The Explorer fled to the 600 block of East Yakima where the driver abandoned it and fled on foot. A K-9 track was attempted from this location without success.
Nothing was found inside the Explorer to indicate anyone had been injured. Officers are continuing their efforts to locate the driver of the Explorer. Anyone with information concerning the Explorer’s occupant is encouraged to contact the Yakima Police at 575-6200.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget