The suspect in an armed robbery in Yakima is in jail this morning.
It happened around 12:30pm yesterday at the Walgreens on Yakima Avenue. Witnesses say a man entered the store, selected several items, then went to the pharmacy counter and threatened employees with a knife. The suspect stole several prescription medications and fled the store.
A partial license plate number was written down and police caught up the with suspect, 24 year old John Wilson, at a convenience store. A short chase ensued, but ended when the suspect crashed his vehicle. He was taken to the hospital, and then booked into jail.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer