Two people suspected of burglary have been arrested by Kennewick police.
According to a press release, a neighbor advised police that a man and woman were burglarizing a trailer and were seen carying a large flat screen TV to their white full size van with a construction rack on top.
A Kennewick officer located the suspect vehicle as it turned south onto Vancouver from 10th Ave, eventually stopping it on W. 13th just west of Vancouver and detaining the two occupants. The driver of the van was identified as Liliana Ponce, age 18 and passenger William Perez, age 18. Perez had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and is the respondent in an active No Contact Order where Ponce is the petitioner. The witness from the crime scene rode over with an officer and positively ID'ed both Perez and Ponce. The white van was impounded as evidence. Officers obtained a search warrant for the van to recover the stolen property believed to be inside. During the search, property from the burglary was recovered, including meth, cash and a loaded 22 pistol. Both Ponce and Perez were booked into jail on multiple charges.
It is unknown at this time if the subjects are related to other recent burglaries. Investigators will continue to work the case and determine if there is evidence that could lead to additional charges.
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers