From the Kennewick Police Department-
Kennewick Police responded to 7322 W. Bonnie Place on 27, July 2014 for a child molestation investigation. As a result of that investigation, numerous juvenile victims have been identified as having been inappropriately touched by the suspect, identified as Vernon Gillett. This investigation has revealed additional victims in other jurisdictions including the Adams, Walla Walla, and Yakima counties.
Mr. Gillett would make contact with the victims, and exchange a handwritten not asking for sex in exchange for money and other gifts. The identified victims range from 3 to 13, and are all females.
Mr. Gillett was arrested without incident on 12 August 2014 at 1600 at his residence. He was booked into Benton County Jail with Child Molestation 2nd Degree.
The investigation remains active.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River