Yakima Firefighters are investigating a suspicious garage fire.
Crews were called out around 10PM last night to the 1100 block of North 2nd Street.
They were initially told that transients were inside, so firefighters entered, forcing their way in through the flames to look for victims.
None were found, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters say the garage, although vacant at this time, had apparently been used as a gathering place for runaways. Investigators will continue to look into the cause.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget