Yakima Firefighters are investigating a suspicious garage fire.
Crews were called out around 10PM last night to the 1100 block of North 2nd Street.
They were initially told that transients were inside, so firefighters entered, forcing their way in through the flames to look for victims.
None were found, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters say the garage, although vacant at this time, had apparently been used as a gathering place for runaways. Investigators will continue to look into the cause.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect