Yakima Firefighters are investigating a suspicious garage fire.
Crews were called out around 10PM last night to the 1100 block of North 2nd Street.
They were initially told that transients were inside, so firefighters entered, forcing their way in through the flames to look for victims.
None were found, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters say the garage, although vacant at this time, had apparently been used as a gathering place for runaways. Investigators will continue to look into the cause.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park