Yakima Firefighters are investigating a suspicious garage fire.
Crews were called out around 10PM last night to the 1100 block of North 2nd Street.
They were initially told that transients were inside, so firefighters entered, forcing their way in through the flames to look for victims.
None were found, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters say the garage, although vacant at this time, had apparently been used as a gathering place for runaways. Investigators will continue to look into the cause.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?