An arrest has been made in this investigation. A 17 year old suspect turned themselves into the Kennewick Police Department. He is currently being held for arraignment.
Original Story- Kennewick Police Department and the Tri-Cities Regional SWAT team searched a house on 2nd and Date where they believe there are people with information related to a homicide that took place on Christmas Eve.
The Kennewick Police recieved information that someone they were looking to talk to in the stabbing death of Gerardo Villamar Jr. was inside the house.
Due to the severity of the crime the Kennewick Police asked the SWAT team to assist them in making contact with the individuals.
Two people who were inside the house come out but a thrid person did not.
Eventually that person did come out of the house.
All three individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
The Kennewick detectives said they don't believe any of the three people are the suspect in the stabbing but they do believe they have some information that they have been looking for.
Gerardo Villamar Jr. Was stabbed during a gang related fight Christmas Eve night in east Kennewick and died at Trios health.
Two others, Erick Nieto and Jose Vazquez-Villanueva, were also stabbed multiple times, but were treated for their wounds and released from the hospital.
Police describe the suspect they are looking for to be a hispanic man, light skin tone, 5'10" to 5'11" tall, thin athletic build, short black hair that is cut short on the sides and longer on top.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park