In a follow up to yesterday's story about Lissette Huerta, a 4 year old with Leukemia. (For Katherine Hessel's original story, click here) Her family is holding a Taco feed today, until 4pm at the Gateway Foursquare Church in Kennewick.
Hundreds of people have shown up to help the family pay for mounting bills due to Lissette's treatment, with the food donated from local businesses.
Lissette's Aunts, cousins, and grandmothers have cooked all the food from scratch, and they say it won't disappoint. (This reporter had a dish, and they weren't lying.)
Lissette's family has set up a facebook page, so you can follow Lissette's progress here.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown