26 Richland kids hit the road today for a Western Washington tour with their Steel Drum band, "Kid Calypso".
The band of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will be playing music on five stops over the next two days, including McCord Air Force Base, the Snoqualmie Railway Museum, among others.
The band has been touring since in was formed in the 1990's. Lori Lydeen, the Kid Calypso Director and Tapteal music teacher says "the kids are super excited about hitting the road and playing for new audiences on the other side of the state."
To join the band, 70 kids tried out, for the 26 positions in the band.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater