26 Richland kids hit the road today for a Western Washington tour with their Steel Drum band, "Kid Calypso".
The band of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will be playing music on five stops over the next two days, including McCord Air Force Base, the Snoqualmie Railway Museum, among others.
The band has been touring since in was formed in the 1990's. Lori Lydeen, the Kid Calypso Director and Tapteal music teacher says "the kids are super excited about hitting the road and playing for new audiences on the other side of the state."
To join the band, 70 kids tried out, for the 26 positions in the band.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market