26 Richland kids hit the road today for a Western Washington tour with their Steel Drum band, "Kid Calypso".
The band of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will be playing music on five stops over the next two days, including McCord Air Force Base, the Snoqualmie Railway Museum, among others.
The band has been touring since in was formed in the 1990's. Lori Lydeen, the Kid Calypso Director and Tapteal music teacher says "the kids are super excited about hitting the road and playing for new audiences on the other side of the state."
To join the band, 70 kids tried out, for the 26 positions in the band.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget